3-in-1 MagStripe, EMV Contact, and EMV Contactless Reader
The VP3300 is a 3-in-1 mobile payment reader device featuring magstripe, EMV, and NFC contactless readers. It accepts payments from all major card brands, including Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Discover. The VP3300 can be paired with the Cardknox Mobile App to process card-present payments on-the-go.
Communication between the reader and the card uses Bluetooth 4.0 low energy.
Host communication is enabled via USB. The USB port is also used for charging and allows the ICC connection and the magnetic stripe head to be installed remotely from the main contactless module.
- USB / Audio Jack / Bluetooth Interface Available
- EMV L1 / L2
- ID TECH Common L2 Kernel
- TDES / AES Encryption
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Dimensions: 2.5 inches (64 mm) x 1.93 inches (49 mm) x 0.57 inches (14.5 mm)
- 5V USB powered
ID Tech, the manufacturer, uses a “Universal SDK” that exposes a common API across all of its supported products. The SDK has several flavors that vary by the operating system you will deploy on and the language you’ll use. It supports iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
To pair the VP3300 with an Android device, you must navigate to the Bluetooth Settings in the Android Device. Ensure the VP3300 is turned on. It will appear in available devices as “IDTECH:VP3300-...”
When using an iOS device, you can connect to the VP3300 directly from the Cardknox Mobile App. If Bluetooth is not enabled, you’ll receive an indicator for enabling Bluetooth on the device.
Once Bluetooth is enabled, you’ll see a Scanning message. In order to connect, tap the bluetooth button on the VP3300 device to complete the connection.
A: Yes, after 20 seconds of inactivity. To wake the device, press the power button on the side of the device. Note that it can take 15 - 30 seconds for the Bluetooth to reconnect to your phone or tablet. You can prevent the device from going into sleep mode by connecting it to a power source.
A: The device has three LED indicators on the back: top, middle, and bottom
Top - Bluetooth status:
- Off - Bluetooth is in sleep mode.
- Normal flashing speed: Bluetooth is on standby.
- Faster flashing speed: Bluetooth is paired and connected.
Middle: Indicates the device is processing a payment.
Bottom - Battery status:
- Solid red for battery charging.
- Flashing amber for low battery.
Note: The LED stops flashing when it is fully charged.
A: Follow these steps:
- 1.If the VP3300 is not on, turn it on by pressing the power button on the side.
- 2.The VP3300 automatically tries to pair via Bluetooth with your device (phone/tablet).
- 3.On your device, use your Bluetooth feature to locate the ID TECH VP3300.
When the two are connected, the top LED flashes quickly.
A: Here are a few things to try:
- 1.Make sure that your phone (or tablet) doesn’t have any other active Bluetooth connections.
- 2.Ensure that nothing else is connected to your phone’s auxiliary jack or lightning port.
- 3.Restart your phone.